The referenced video of this post is an interview done by Stefan James with Roger Love.
Just to take note and apply it to my next speaking sessions, here are the three main points that may immediately applicable for me:
1. Three range of tone of speaking to make the talk more interesting: (should be lower and slower for me)
2. Pause and breathe in with nose instead of mouth between sentences or commas.
3. Don’t limit my voice to the microphone; Project my voice to vibrate the bodies of the far audience.
1. I know that I have the ability to achieve the object of my Define Purpose in life. Therefore I demand of myself persistent, continuous action towards its attainment, and I here and now promise to take such action.
2. I realize the dominating thoughts of my mind will eventually reproduce themselves in outward, physical action and gradually transform themselves into physical reality. Therefore I will concentrate my thoughts for 30 minutes daily upon the task of thinking of the person I intend to become, thereby creating in my mind a clear mental picture fo that person.
3. I know through the principle of autosuggestion that any desire I persistently hold in my mind will eventually seek expression through some practical means of attaining the object. Therefore I will devote 10 minutes daily to demanding of myself the development of self-confidence.
4. I have clearly written down a description of my Definite Chief Aim in life. I will never stop trying until I have developed sufficient self-confidence for its attainment.
5. I fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure unless built upon truth and justice. Therefore I will engage in no transaction that does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness and cynicism by developing love for all humanity because I know that a negative attitude towards others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself. I will sign my name to this formula, and commit it to memory and repeat it aloud once a day, with full faith that it will gradually influence my thoughts and actions so that I will become a self-reliant and successful person.
This post is extracted from “Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill p53”
My parents just recently bought me this kettle from Costco. I was told that keeping water boiling for days could be potentially bad for health, so I guess I was downgraded to older age technology and just boil as I go. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This post is a note from a video on 5 Hard Lessons You Need to Learn Before 30. I’m not sure why the magic number 30 is there since everyone’s age span varies a bit differently, but anyways, here are the five lessons:
1. There may not be a tomorrow, so enjoy/do it now.
- Think about what would be the things that you would regret not do if tomorrow were your last day.
- Your time is limited and you don’t have forever, so do what you want to and do what you enjoy right now.
2. You’ve got nothing to lose, but everything to gain.
- Give it your all. You are born to win, so do what winners do
This is a one of skills that helps you slow down stylishly. This post is going to focus on frontside only because it’s easier than backside. And personally, i think frontside looks more stylish and feels safer. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Pre-requisite: Riding in high speed
According to Tony Robbin’s Unlimited Power, the answer is as simple as one word: “Ask”.
The book provides five guidelines for asking intelligently and precisely: