My parents just recently bought me this kettle from Costco. I was told that keeping water boiling for days could be potentially bad for health, so I guess I was downgraded to older age technology and just boil as I go. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Anyways, this kettle actually comes with a cleaning guide for first-time use, but it wasn’t broken down detail enough that I wasted 500mL of vinegar. So today’s post will be a detailed breakdown slash(/) amendment of their guide.
There are three parts to cleaning this:
Part one: it’s all about the vinegar…
- Fill 1L of [filtered] water and boiled it (the guide said tap water, but I preferred filtered)
- Add 500mL of vinegar and let it stand for at least an hour or overnight
- Discard the water when it’s time
Part two: goodbye vinegar…
- Fill [filtered] water to max (again, the guide said tap water, but filtered is better)
- Discard it and repeat until the vinegar smell is gone (5-times for me)
Part three: it’s just water…
- Fill [filtered] water to max (same from part 2)
- Boil it
- Discard it and I repeated this 2 times just to be safe
It should be ready for use!
It’s time to enjoy that morning cup of coffee. Good job everyone!