The purpose of this post is to remove the annoying security warning while attach to process. PLEASE ALWAYS ATTACH!!
To remove the warning, all that needed to be done:
- Close all windows of Visual Studio 2013!! (the registry value won’t be set if it a window remains opened)
regedit (just type it in from Win menu)
- Set the following key to 1
- Restart computer
Hope this helps! Bye
The problem for me was when I installed resharper and opened it for the first time, I selected default to Resharper shortcut which I later found that I had to press
Ctrl + Shift + N to do the file search instead of traditional
Ctrl + T.
Below answer is retrieved from StackOverflow (Not the selected answer, but has most upvotes and works for my case)
- Go to Tools -> Options -> Environment -> Keyboard -> Press the (RESET) button
- Go to ReSharper – > Options -> Keyboard & Menus -> Select the “Visual Studio” scheme -> Press “Apply Scheme”
- Press “Save”
- Press “CTRL-T”. Since this shortcut is mapped in both VS and Resharper, you will be presented with the “Shortcut Conflict”-window. Here you select “Use ReSharper (Ultimate) command” and make sure to check the box “Apply to all ReSharper (Ultimate) shortscuts”.
- Right click on your project
- Select Properties
- In the pop up window, choose debugging -> Environment -> select the folder that contains the dll
3. In the pop up window, select Linker -> Input -> Additional Dependencies -> Add the .lib files
To resolve the error C4996:
Error 1 error C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be
unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation,
use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
Add the following marco on the very top of main() file: