Eclipse is so weird. The resources can seem to wonder off by themselves. The project itself was working last night, but gives me the following error in style.xml today.
<resources xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"> <style name="AppBaseTheme" parent="Theme.AppCompat.Light"> </style> <style name="AppTheme" parent="AppBaseTheme"> </style> </resources>
error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCompat.Light'.
After tracing the error a little bit from google, I learned from a solution from StackOverflow that my appcompat was off..
To fix this, all I did was:
- Right click on the project
- Select Android from the left hand side
- Add the appcompat_v7 folder and hit okay.
So now, instead of having a red cross mark on the screen shown above, it should now have a green tick beside the newly added appcompat.
And that’s all. 😀