Tired of clicking messaging application every time you turn on your unix system? This tutorial will demonstrate how to auto start an application in Ubuntu 11.10. This works with any apps. I’m just using Skype as demonstration purposes.
1. Click “Startup Applications” in the Application.
2. In the pop-up window, click “Add”.
3. Fill in the information. Click “Browse” to find the desired application
4. Go to “File System” -> “usr” -> “bin” -> *Your application name (skype in my case)
5. Once you hit enter, you should get a screen like the following. Hit “Add”.
6. Once you added the app, it should show up on the screen. Close the window and you’re done.
The application should start automatically the next time you start your system. Having fun ~